photo by Sackville
- Ready In:
- Put the sugar and water in a pot and heat until the sugar dissolves.
- This is likely to happen before the water boils.
- Do not stir, but instead set the mixture aside to cool and then put in the fridge until it is completely cold.
- Afterwards, mix the berries, cold syrup and creme de cassis in a food processor or blender.
- Whiz until smooth and then, if desired, push through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- You can leave the seeds in if you like a little crunch in your sorbet.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker.
- You can also do it by hand, stirring the frozen edges into the center every hour or so until it is nearly frozen.
- However, the texture will not be as velvety as in an ice cream maker.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This is a picture of me and my husband in Portugal, climbing up above the clouds with our bikes. Right now we are travelling around the world on our bicycles, so I only pop onto Zaar occasionally, when internet connections and time allow me to. If I don't reply to a message about one of my recipes, now you know why! Our trip may take several years so if it's urgent, it's probably better for you to post in the forums ;) Good food is really important to me -- I am happy to pay extra for food that I feel is produced in a sustainable and ethical way and always try to eat using seasonal produce. When we were in the UK we rarely shopped at supermarkets, trying instead to favour small producers, although we were very lucky in that we lived in London and there was lots of choice. We also were fortunate enough to have a weekly organic veg box delivered to our door, filled with so many lovely vegetables for very little money. It really opened my horizons in terms of the variety of vegetables I eat. If you're in the UK, check out Riverford for a box supplier as they're amazing! When I'm not eating I love to take pictures and travel with my husband. <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif">