Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I adopted this recipe late 2005 and finally made it in February 2006. I haven't changed a thing as it is great the way it is written. This slice has a shortcake like base with a cake-like apricot caramel top. Goes well with a dollop of whipped cream on top for a treat or dessert or leave plain and enjoy. :)
- In covered small saucepan over low heat, in enough water to cover, cook apricots 15 minutes.
- Drain apricots; finely chop.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Into large bowl, measure 1 cup flour, butter or margarine and sugar.
- With mixer at medium speed, beat ingredients until well mixed and crumbly.
- Pat evenly into pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in the same bowl, measure 1/3 cup flour, eggs, apricots, brown sugar, walnuts, baking powder, vanilla, and salt.
- Beat at medium speed until well mixed, occasionally scraping bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Pour mixture over baked layer and return to oven.
- Bake 25 minutes longer until golden.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut into squares.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
This is a really great recipe! I had it clipped from a magazine and in an old recipe folder. When I went to post it I found that you already had. So thanks for saving me the time of typing it out! :) We love apricots, and this is one of our favorites
Excellant !!! and I passed this one on to my sister too.