2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Jen T's Note:
I adopted this recipe late 2005 and finally made it in February 2006. I haven't changed a thing as it is great the way it is written. This slice has a shortcake like base with a cake-like apricot caramel top. Goes well with a dollop of whipped cream on top for a treat or dessert or leave plain and enjoy. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In covered small saucepan over low heat, in enough water to cover, cook apricots 15 minutes.
- 2Drain apricots; finely chop.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 4Grease an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- 5Into large bowl, measure 1 cup flour, butter or margarine and sugar.
- 6With mixer at medium speed, beat ingredients until well mixed and crumbly.
- 7Pat evenly into pan.
- 8Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Meanwhile, in the same bowl, measure 1/3 cup flour, eggs, apricots, brown sugar, walnuts, baking powder, vanilla, and salt.
- 10Beat at medium speed until well mixed, occasionally scraping bowl with a rubber spatula.
- 11Pour mixture over baked layer and return to oven.
- 12Bake 25 minutes longer until golden.
- 13Cool in pan.
- 14Cut into squares.
- 15Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luscious Apricot Squares
Serving Size: 1 (802 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.4
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 111.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 2.6 g