Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These moist, filling muffins are a perfect addition to kids lunches. With oatmeal, banana zucchini they are nutritious and delicious!
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (w/ or w/o skin)
- 3 -5 ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Smash bananas into zucchini to equal 2 1/2 cups, (there should be a few lumps of banana).
- Add Sugar and eggs.
- Mix in melted butter.
- In separate bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Add dry to wet and mix until incorporated.
- Fill buttered and floured muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in 350 oven 20-30 minutes or until toothpick comes clean.
- Let rest for 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan to cooling racks.
Very good! I used about 1 1/2 cups of zucchini, and 2 bananas. I also cut the butter down to 1/4 cup. Very moist and just the right amount of sweetness. I just used Pam in the muffin tray, and they released pretty well.
Next time I think I'll try replacing the banana with pumpkin!
Oh, I also got a yield of 12 large muffins out of this recipe.
These were really great! I used whole wheat pastry flour and coconut oil instead of butter. They were perfect and I felt satisfied that my kids had a healthy breakfast treat. Thanks for sharing!
I saw the recipe that was a version of this one, called zucchini banana muffins. Went with this one because I felt like the instructions were a little clearer about matching the quantities of banana and zucchini. I had only two bananas for 1 cup of banana and the zucchini I had came to 1 1/2 cup shredded so that is what I used. i then used 2 T. canola oil and 1/2 cup of applesauce instead of butter. And I added 1 t cinnamon and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips because my son adores banana chocolate chip muffins. I left mine a little larger and got a dozen muffins and they are all gone, save one, a scant 5 hours later. So that is an excellent review. Nice moist texture. Excellent taste and I like oatmeal in baked goods. Used old-fashioned oatmeal and worked fine. I believe I will make this again.