Recipe by Judy81350
I got this recipe from a friend back in 1973. She served these at a party along with Monkey Meat. That recipe follows. They went so fast! They are great cold.
Top Review by Alicia R
More traditional lumpia uses spring roll wrappers, which can be purchased at pretty much any oriental market. We typically add one can of minced water chestnuts to each pound of pork. For the best ever dipping sauce, combine soy sauce, a bit of fish sauce, red pepper flakes, and white vinegar.
- 1⁄2 lb lean hamburger
- 1⁄2 lb bulk pork sausage
- 8 -10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 50 wonton wrappers, 1 pkg. (can find these in the produce section)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix hamburger, sausage, garlic, green onions, salt and pepper well.
- Let sit in fridge overnight.
- Place teaspoonful at corner of wonton wrapper then fold up.
- Repeat until all wrappers are gone.
- Deep fry until lumpia are golden brown.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce or whatever you want.