Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Dom DeLuise. A simple dish with no meat or tomatoes. The heat from the pasta will cook the eggs.
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 onions, sliced into thin crescents
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb linguine
- water for cooking pasta
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, torn into small pieces
- fresh ground pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- Brown garlic in olive oil.
- Add onions and gently saute until crunchy and brown.
- When onions are almost done, add parsley and saute until limp.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, beat eggs, cheese, and basil together.
- Drain pasta and place in serving bowl.
- Fold egg mixture into hot pasta.
- Add onion mixture and mix well.
- Sprinkle with pepper and top with additional parsley, basil and Parmesan.
Very good! So fast and easy to make.
Lovely change of pace from Pasta Carbonara, though I think the addition of some crispy crumbly bacon would be magnificent. Loved the addition of basil and the crispy onions.
Really enjoyed this, simple and delicious! Served with parmesan and plenty of ground pepper, excellent, I used spaghetti but would enjoy this also with linguine, might try that next time. You could add to this simple dish (salmon springs to mind), but personally, I found it perfect as is.