From Dom DeLuise. A simple dish with no meat or tomatoes. The heat from the pasta will cook the eggs.
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 onions, sliced into thin crescents
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb linguine
- water for cooking pasta
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, torn into small pieces
- fresh ground pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- Brown garlic in olive oil.
- Add onions and gently saute until crunchy and brown.
- When onions are almost done, add parsley and saute until limp.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, beat eggs, cheese, and basil together.
- Drain pasta and place in serving bowl.
- Fold egg mixture into hot pasta.
- Add onion mixture and mix well.
- Sprinkle with pepper and top with additional parsley, basil and Parmesan.