Dom's Sausages With Peppers and Onions
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausages
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large onions, cut in slivers
- 3 sweet red peppers, seeded and cut in strips
- 3 green bell peppers, seeded and cut in strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Pierce each sausage in several places and place in a heavy frying pan with 1 tablespoon of oil. Cook over medium-low heat, turning occasionally, until well-browned.
- While sausages are cooking, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and saute the garlic and onion.
- Stir in peppers and oregano and cook until onions are lightly browned and the peppers are tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really enjoyed this lovely recipe. It was quick and easy to make with excellent results. Put ours into submarine buns for wonderful sandwiches. The sausage was perfectly cooked and the sweet peppers and onion were the bomb, tender and delicious. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for Culinary Quest 2014 - Family Picks - Suitcase Gourmets.
see 6 more reviews
Tried this last night but browned peppers, removed them and cooked the veggies then added them back in, so as not to overcook them. I also used about a half a tablespoon of Italian herbs in place of the oregano. Small changes, big taste! My big kids wiped them out in no time! Here's to Dom - we loved him so much.