Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Don't forget to remove the bay leaves before serving.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 lbs lean beef, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow onions, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- In a large soup pot, brown ground beef over medium-high heat, breaking up into small pieces as it cooks.
- When ground beef is nearly done, add diced beef and cook about 3 minutes until pieces are medium (still pink in the center).
- Reduce heat to medium and add Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, coriander, cumin, bay leaves, garlic, salt, hot pepper sauce, oregano, sugar, cayenne and black pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Add water, onion, and chopped and diced tomatoes.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook about 1 hour until reduced to desired consistency.
- Add beans and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and nacho chips.
- Note: Stew beef is fine.