Recipe by Miss Annie
This recipe comes from the Luby's 50th Anniversary Cookbook. It suggests for a different meatloaf to tope it off with barbecue sauce. The leftovers make a good sandwich! I have not made this meat loaf in my kitchen, but I have eaten it at Luby's, and it is very good. The prep time is a guesstimate!
Top Review by Potluck
My DH loved this recipe. I made it with 3/4 lb pork Italian sausage. My husband and I like a sauce on our meatloaf so I mixed up 1/2 c ketcup.2 Tblsp mustard and 1 Tblsp worchestshire sauce on poured it over the meatloaf last 1/2 hour. Nice moist maetloaf,the green pepper is what makes this meatloaf...
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb ground lean pork
- 3 extra large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2⁄3 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup saltine crumbs, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly grease a large, shallow meatloaf pan, or a large shallow baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients, mixing well.
- Firmly shape the meat into a 7 x 3 1/2 x 3 1/2- inch loaf and place in the pan.
- Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake the meat loaf for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and continue baking for 5 minutes.
- *NOTE:For easy slicing, let the meat loaf stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.