Recipe by Chef Jean
Stew meat and white beans in a tomato sauce. Cooking time will vary depending on meat.
- 1 1⁄3 lbs veal or 1 1⁄3 lbs beef meat, suitable for stews
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big pot sautè the onions, then add tomato paste and a glass of water.
- Place the meat in the pot and add enough water to cover the meat, then cook for 20 minuts.
- Add the cannellini beans to the stew and some more water to cover all the ingredients; when it comes to a boil, add cumin, a pinch of salt and let the stew cook until it’s tender (about an hour), adding some more water if necessary to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- Season with more salt and serve hot with a side of couscous.