I saw this recipe in a weight loss magazine this morning and knew I needed to try it. Really wonderful dinner! I made a few slight adaptations based on what I had and my husband and I wanted to lick the platter clean! For those of you on Weight Watchers this is 4 points a serving and is Core. My husband said that next time he'd like even more cilantro, but he is sort of intense about his like for that herb and I thought a bit more garlic might even make it better. I'm posting it like I made it. The original recipe called for 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise on a slight diagonal into 16 slices. I had a bag of frozen pork that I had already trimmed so I used that. The nutritional analysis here on zaar is reflecting simply "Pork" I think. The WW nutritional info is 185 calories, 7 g fat (2 g sat no trans), 1 g fiber.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro (packed)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (packed)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fat free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small carrot
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb pork (without visible fat, in small slices or pieces)
- 1In a food processor put the cilantro, parsley, and garlic and pulse until it is in small pieces. Add the vinegar, the 2 tablespoons broth, and the oil, and process until well blended. Make sure you scrape the sides in the middle. Transfer to a bowl. Shred the carrot into the bowl (or shred otherwise and add the shreds to the bowl). Add the minced jalapeño and 1/4 teaspoons salt. Stir well and set aside. The sauce may sit, at room temperature, for about 2 hours.
- 2In a small bowl mix the remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt, the cumin, and the pepper.
- 3If you can, flatten your pork slices with a mallet or other implement. Sprinkle the spice mixture on both sides.
- 4Heat a large skillet over medium heat with some cooking spray in it. When it is hot, cook as much of the pork as you can fit at once. It should only take about 2 minutes per side. When the pork is just done, put it on a plate and add the rest of the raw pork until it is all cooked.
- 5When it's all cooked, add all the cooked meat to the pan. Add the 1/4 cup broth and scrape the bottom of the pan to get all the yummy brown stuff. Let the broth cook down, about 2-3 minutes.
- 6Remove the meat from the pan and serve with the chimichurri sauce on top.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lower Fat Pork Chimichurri
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.6
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 97.4 mg
- Sodium 419.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 33.9 g