1/2 Photos of Lower-Fat Peanut Chocolate Chip Trail Bars
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
These are moist brownie like bars with just the right amount of chocolate and peanuts. This recipe was originally high fat, but I successfully substitute applesauce for most of the margarine. Excellent served warm, although still very good cool.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Raisin Bran cereal (Bran Flakes will also work)
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut (optional)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1Stir together flour, cereal, oats, baking soda, and baking powder.
- 2In a separate bowl, beat margarine, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- 3Add flour mixture to wet ingredients; Stir together.
- 4Add in all coconut, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, and about 2/3 cup peanuts.
- 5Spread batter evenly into a greased 9 x 13" baking pan.
- 6Sprinkle the top of the batter evenly with remaining chocolate chips and peanuts; lightly press them down on batter.
- 7Bake at 350°F for 23-27 minutes, until top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- 8Cool in pan on a rack.
- 9When cool, cut into 21 bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lower-Fat Peanut Chocolate Chip Trail Bars
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 21
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.8
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 17.7 mg
- Sodium 121.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g