Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
When looking for peach pie recipes, all were very very high in fat. This is not low fat, but lower fat then others I found. And it was very tasty too! Modified from something I found in my Joy of Cooking. I used a store bought cinnamon pie crust that I happened to have. I think trying a whole wheat pie crust with this could be very good. The amount of peaches given is simply an estimate. Fill your pie crust with peach slices. You could certainly choose to use all sugar instead of the 1/2 splenda.
- 1 pie crust
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 -4 cups sliced peaches
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- If needed, put your pie crust into a pie plate.
- Fill your pie crust with sliced peaches.
- Whip the egg in a bowl.
- Add the flour and sugar.
- This will appear thick.
- Let it sit for a minute or 2.
- Pour it over the peaches.
- It will not completely cover the peaches.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Then turn down the heat to 300 degrees and bake for 50 more minutes.
- If needed, shield the crust with foil in the last 15 or so minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
This had a really great taste, but it didn't turn out quite as I expected. The filling never really set, and was in fact much more like a cobbler (inside a piecrust). Nothing really wrong in that, just be forewarned if you are expecting something more like a traditional pie. Thanks for posting!