Recipe by Indigo!
Now I'm really trying to find some Diabetic friendly recipes for my mom this Thanksgiving, so I'd like some help in judging this one, also found at epicurious. I've put Splenda in place of brown sugar, but it could easily be exchanged for the same amount of real brown sugar!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs purple plums, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 cup blueberries (5 ounces)
- 1 cup blackberry (5 ounces)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend (depending on sweetness of fruit)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened in small parts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in the top part of oven.
- Toss together all filling ingredients in a 2-quart shallow baking dish and bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all topping ingredients in a bowl with your hands until butter is well combines and mixture is crumbly.
- Stir fruit filling, then sprinkle oat mixture over it and bake until topping is crisp and golden and fruit is bubbling, about 30 minutes.