Recipe by agshare
while most frozen,store bought crusts come in at 648 or better calories,this one is 138,and also low sodium and low sugar.
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Add the butter or butter and shortening mix. Using fingertips or a pastry blender, rub the fat in until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Gradually stir in the water until the mixture binds itself together.
- Gently press into a ball, cover in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 20 minutes before rolling out.
- Note: a general guide when making pie dough is to use half as much fat to flour. The use of shortening will make the end texture more flaky. Instead of adding water, milk can be used to make the cooked dough softer in texture. Using self-rising flour instead of all-purpose will also have the same result.