Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Finally, I found a carrot cake that fits into my diet and tastes great to boot. I found this recipe on SPLENDA's web site.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 egg whites, large
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons margarine, light
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, pure
- 3 tablespoons applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 1⁄4 cups carrots, fine shredded
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- nonstick cooking spray, butter flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt substitute, cinnamon, and allspice.
- Set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together egg whites and eggbeaters.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl beat Splenda, margarine, honey, vanilla, applesauce, and canola oil.
- Mix in egg mixture, stir until well mixed.
- Stir in flour mixture, then carrots and walnuts.
- Pour into greased 8 cup loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, ice if desired.
- Top with your favorite frosting, or with one cup heavy cream mixed with 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and whipped to stiffness.
Great recipe - and perfect for my diabetic friend. I could not get any "splenda" in my area so I had to substitute sweet'n low and it worked fine. This recipe is moist, tasty and very good. I will make this again for sure (except it make not make it to the company...=)