1 hr 10 mins
Finally, I found a carrot cake that fits into my diet and tastes great to boot. I found this recipe on SPLENDA's web site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 egg whites, large
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons margarine, light
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, pure
- 3 tablespoons applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 1/4 cups carrots, fine shredded
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- nonstick cooking spray, butter flavor
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt substitute, cinnamon, and allspice.
- 3Set aside.
- 4In small bowl, whisk together egg whites and eggbeaters.
- 5Set aside.
- 6In large bowl beat Splenda, margarine, honey, vanilla, applesauce, and canola oil.
- 7Mix in egg mixture, stir until well mixed.
- 8Stir in flour mixture, then carrots and walnuts.
- 9Pour into greased 8 cup loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 10Allow to cool, ice if desired.
- 11Top with your favorite frosting, or with one cup heavy cream mixed with 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and whipped to stiffness.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Sodium Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.6
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 230.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g