This is a lovely, low fat recipe. Great for parties, side dish or meal. Easy to prepare 8) enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces jumbo pasta shells
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces fat-free swiss cheese or 12 ounces low-fat swiss cheese
- 2 slices white bread, torn to crumbs
- 1/3 cup fat free ranch dressing
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna fish, packed in water
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2In a large nonstick saucepan, prepare pasta as needed. Drain and set aside.
- 3In saucepan over high, sauté onion and celery in the broth for 5 minutes or until tender.
- 4Remove onion mixture and place in medium size bowl.
- 5Pour milk, flour and spices in a blender; mix 1 minute.
- 6In medium nonstick saucepan over medium, pour milk mixture. Stir constantly until it thickens.
- 7Stir in the cheese until blended.
- 8Pour sauce in a 11x7-inch nonstick baking dish.
- 9In bowl with celery mixture, stir in bread crumbs, ranch dressing and tuna.
- 10Fill shells with tuna mixture; arrange stuffed shells in the sauce.
- 11Cover and bake 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Tuna & Swiss Cheese Stuffed Shells
Serving Size: 1 (1554 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.3
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 240.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free swiss cheese