Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This is a lovely, low fat recipe. Great for parties, side dish or meal. Easy to prepare 8) enjoy!
- 12 ounces jumbo pasta shells
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces fat-free swiss cheese or 12 ounces low-fat swiss cheese
- 2 slices white bread, torn to crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup fat free ranch dressing
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna fish, packed in water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large nonstick saucepan, prepare pasta as needed. Drain and set aside.
- In saucepan over high, sauté onion and celery in the broth for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove onion mixture and place in medium size bowl.
- Pour milk, flour and spices in a blender; mix 1 minute.
- In medium nonstick saucepan over medium, pour milk mixture. Stir constantly until it thickens.
- Stir in the cheese until blended.
- Pour sauce in a 11x7-inch nonstick baking dish.
- In bowl with celery mixture, stir in bread crumbs, ranch dressing and tuna.
- Fill shells with tuna mixture; arrange stuffed shells in the sauce.
- Cover and bake 20-25 minutes.