Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
So nummy and can you believe it !!!! Low fat too.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain white rice (I use Jasmine)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can canned pineapple chunks, drained and reserved 1 cup (about 2 1/2 cups)
- scallion (to garnish)
- In a deep skillet or pan, sprayed with vegetable spray, brown the breasts 3 minutes each side.
- Set aside on a plate.
- Add rice and garlic to the pan and cook till rice is translucent.
- Place the chicken over the rice and add the remainder of the ingredients, including juice.
- Bring this to a boil and then turn to low.
- Simmer, covered till the rice is cooked about 20-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with scallions and serve.
The chicken was very moist,but no flavor, the rice seemed over cooked (by cooking it 25 min covered under a low simmer)..the pineapple also did nothing to add to the flavor.
I enjoyed this recipe. Though I changed it around a bit. I didn't use rice because I cook rice a certain way so that it is healthier for you. Also, I add fresh pineapple mint leaves (herbs), lean perrin, dried oregano and a very small amount of apple juice. Apart from that I followed the recipe accordingly. It came out great. Thanks for posting this recipe.