Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Strawberries were on sale so I bought a bunch and have been trying lots of different ways to make them. The kids weren't sure what to make of these but in the end they enjoyed them. I actually couldn't get a picture of them because my 4 year old took the container out of the fridge (and knocked them about!) before I got a photo.
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- Clean the strawberries and cut the tops off so that they are flat. Place them on a plate.
- Using a small knife, make a hole in the bottom of the strawberries.
- With a mixer, blend the cream cheese with the vanilla and splenda.
- Using a small spoon, put little dollops of the cream cheese in the holes in the strawberries.
- Chill until ready to serve.
These were a big hit at a recent get together I had. The ladies and my 6y/o daughter devoured them. I doubled the recipe easily. At first I didn't think the filling was sweet enough, but when added into the strawberry it was perfect. I cut the hull out as suggested by other reviewers. Great recipe for us Weight Watcher girls! Thanks for posting!
I can't believe I forgot to rate this. The filling is wonderful and so easy to make. My 5 year old grandson helped fill the strawberries and now asks if we can do it again whenever he sees I have strawberries.
These are great! So easy to make and good for you. I find it easier to stuff the top instead of the bottom. They can get messy if you are taking them to work or somewhere. In that case, it is easier to not stuff them, and just use the mixture as a dip. Either way, they deserve 5 + stars.