Recipe by Lorane Abari
Pesto sauce is great, but it usually has olive oil, not chicken broth. This recipe substitutes with chicken broth.
Top Review by lesliecoy
When I made this recipe up, I was not too sure about it....it was very broth-y, BUT when I let it "set up" it was JUST RIGHT !
I used it in an Antipasto-Style Penne recipe last night and I could not have been more pleased !
Thank you for sharing this one ! I know I will use it over and over and over !
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth or 2⁄3 cup vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine stock and garlic and heat in the microwave on high for 5 minutes (or heat on the stove). Allow to cool.
- Chop basil in food processor. Add cooled stock, Parmesan cheese and pine nuts. Whirl until everything is finely chopped and blended.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta of your choice. Toss sauce with pasta. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese if desired. Use as a topping for fish, chicken or potatoes also. Makes 4 servings.