Recipe by Alex36
I love home made bread but don't like the bread machine style. This uses the machine to knead and the standard bread pans to cook in the conventional oven. I always make two loaves and give one away.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oats (I like the standard oat)
- 2 tablespoons gluten
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1⁄4 ounce yeast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients to bread maker.
- Let the bread maker do the hard work but remove the dough before the heating cycle starts.
- Put the dough in a floured bowl and let rise once to about double the size and punch down.
- Put dough in bread pan and let it rise again in a warm place. (I let mine rise in the microwave). When it rises above the sides of the pan, put in preheated conventional oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from the pan within 5 minutes after it comes out of the oven.