Whole Wheat Bread Machine Bread
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 3 tablespoons wheat bran
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in your bread machine hopper in the order listed. Make a small well to rest the yeast inches.
- Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place hopper in the machine and select the dough cycle for a 1.5 lb loaf.
- When the cycle has completed, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface (I use a silicone baking mat with a light coat of cooking spray.) Shape the dough into a uniform loaf.
- Place the dough into the prepared bread pan.
- Cover with a damp towel and let rise to double it's size.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake the bread for 30-40 minutes, until the crust is browned and makes a hollow sound when tapped.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a thirty-something SAHM, who reads, writes and cooks for fun. I've got two blogs: a book review site called Mama Says Read This http://mamasaysbookreview.blogspot.com and a running commentary on the joys of parenting and marriage called Preteens,Toddlers,and Infants, Oh My! http://preteenstoddlersandnewbornsohmy.blogspot.com