Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I think I have come up with a way to cook potatoes with some zip without the added fat
- 4 -5 potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- low-fat Italian salad dressing
- Parboil potatoes about 10 minutes.
- Place in baking dish well sprayed with no stick spray.
- Pour in enough salad dressing to cover and toss to coat.
- Bake 30-45 minutes at 375 degrees F until crispy on outside turning occasionally.
This was an easy and very good potato side dish. It was a welcome difference to the same, every day type of potato. The italian dressing gave the potatoes a slight tang, that was very pleasing. I let them set under the broiler for a few minutes to really brown them good. It doesn't take much dressing to coat the potatoes. For a recipe that was this easy, it was sure a good one! Thanks to Kate!
I made this using no oil Itaslian Dressing & found that the potatoes kept sticking to the pan & didn't crisp up as I would have liked. The taste was good though so next time I will add a little olive oil in the mix to help with that. Thanks!
Easy to make and good to eat. I added a little italian seasoning..they were definitely a great change from the norm and will make them again!