Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is a great-tasting no-guilt bean dip recipe. Serve with reduced fat chips and you have a delightful snack.
Top Review by ktdid
This is very similar to the recipe I make as my favorite bean dip. I start with fat-free refried beans and also include about 1/4 C. of mild/medium salsa. I heat it in the microwave or the oven to get it hot all the way through. Very tasty!
- 1 (1 lb) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream or 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 2 -3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the beans, sour cream, chil powder and cumin in a food processor or blender; process until smooth.
- Spread the mixture over the bottom of a 9-inch glass pie pan.
- Top with the cheese, followed by the scallions, olives and jalapenos.
- Serve at room temperature or hot.
- If using a microwave oven, heat on high (100 percent power) for 5 to 6 minutes or until the edges are bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- If using a conventional oven, bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve with reduced fat tortilla chips.