Recipe by Tamaretta
This is from the 1997 Taste of Home and is credited to Mary Fry. I have not tried it yet but only because when I need it, I can't remember which book it is in. Like everyone else, posting here for safe keeping. Beef broth may be substituted for the chicken broth.
Top Review by Starrynews
Nice gravy! I used the chicken broth, and we thought the seasoning was perfect - I did use reduced sodium broth and did not add any salt. We liked the addition of the onion, mushroom, and parsley a lot. Thanks for sharing! PAC Fall '12
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided (reduced sodium, fat free recommended)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute onion, mushroom and parsley in 1/4 cup of broth until tender.
- Combine cornstarch, pepper and 1/2 cup broth, stir until smooth.
- Add to saucepan along with remaining broth.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Boil for 2 minutes.