Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great for breakfast or a snack
- 3 cups oats
- 2 cups sweetened puffed wheat cereal
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine applesauce, honey, oil, cinnamon, and ginger in a small sauce pan, and cook over medium heat 2 minutes or until honey is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Pour applesauce mixture over oat mixture, stirring to coat.
- Place mixture in a cookie sheet, and spread out.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Gently stir and bake an additional 15 minutes or until dry and browned.
- Stir in dried fruit.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.