Top Review by Debbb
These brownies are nice & sweet & incredibly moist & chewy! My only complaint is that you can REALLY taste the prunes - I pureed my own so I don't know if that had something to do with it or not. But, they are so good, I'm gonna try again with baby food prunes & see if that's better.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup prune puree
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Cut chocolate into pieces and place in heat-proof bowl.
- Set over low heat in small skillet containing 1/2-inch simmering water.
- Sir occasionally until chocolate is just melted.
- Remove from heat; set aside. in mixer bowl combine all ingredients except flour and walnuts, beat to blend thoroughly.
- Mix in flour.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake about 30 minutes until springy to the touch about 2 inches around edges.
- Cool on rack.
- Cut into squares.
- NOTE; can substitute jarred baby food prunes (approx 2 2/12 oz jars)