Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the best--low fat, flavorful, and comforting. My favorite recipe for use in my Magic Bullet. You can use different veggies-- zucchini, asparagus, cauliflower--just clean out the fridge :) Delightful!!
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 dash of fresh grated nutmeg (optional)
- reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- In small saucepan, cook broccoli, mushrooms, onion and chicken broth until tender.Season to taste.
- Add spinach and cook just until wilted. Pour into large Magic bullet container or blender.
- Add fat free half and half, dash of nutmeg, and pepper flakes if using.
- Pulse until desired consistency, pour into your favorite cup, sprinkle with Parmesan and additional nutmeg, if desired.