Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A Traditional Hungarian Dish revised from another recipe to be low-fat and still taste good!
- 2 chicken breasts (cut into pieces)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 4 tablespoons light margarine
- 8 ounces chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup flour (optional)
- Melt Margarine in a large pot
- Stir in Paprika to margarine.
- Sautee the onions in the paprika butter solution.
- It may be necessary to add an additional Tablespoon of butter to the solution.
- Add chicken and brown it in the butter sauce.
- Add the chicken broth and simmer for one hour, covered.
- After the it is fully cooked, add in the sour cream.
- You may also add in the flour to thicken the gravy.
- This dish is often served with the German pasta or egg noodles.