Recipe by Dorel
These are good to eat anytime not only for breakfast. Good for snacks and camping and they're healthy too.
Top Review by Carol A.
GOOD! fairly low carb, lower than what you purchase, less calories and healthier. Agree they were too dry and did not stay together well. Changed to: I used brownsugar splenda + 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (1 large apple peel chop & micro until soft), added 2 TBL melted butter, increase peanut butter to 3 TBL. Didn't have apricots or sunflower seed so I used. 1/3 c cranberries, 1/3 c raisins & 1/3 c ground walnuts. Easy to make in advance, cool, cut & wrap individually, store in the freezer. I calculate they are about 15 to 16g carbs. If you need to eliminate the peanut butter, try apple butter or almond butter works well too.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 2⁄3 cup chopped apricot
- 3 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds (I didn't bother toasting them)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted coconut (I don't toast it)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt oil, honey, peanut butter in microwave just until easy to mix up, watch careful, probably 20 seconds or so.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Mix all ingredients together and press down well into 8" square pan sprayed with Pam.
- Make sure you press down firmly.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.