Recipe by gertc96
A very filling breakfast dish. Only 7 pts. per serving if you are doing weight watchers.
- 2 cups hash brown potatoes, ready-to-use frozen shredded thawed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons imitation bacon bits (or crumbled turkey bacon)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together potatoes and onions in small bowl.
- Lightly spray 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray and add potato-onion mixture. Flatten mixture with spatula and cook until lightly browned on bottom, 7 to 9 minutes. Flip and cook other side.
- Mix tomato paste and water with whisk or fork in small bowl. Spread evenly over potatoes. Sprinkle oregano over tomato mixture.
- Pour egg substitute evenly over surface and cover skillet. Cook 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and bacon bits evenly over surface. Cover and cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Slide potatoes onto serving plate. Cut into 4 wedges with pizza cutter or serrated knife.