Prep 22 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easily a main dish, inspired by the flavors of a loaded baked potato.
- 8 ounces multigrain bread with seeds, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion, divided
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ounces lower-sodium ham, minced
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 large egg whites
- 4 teaspoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place bread cubes on a jelly-roll pan, and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutews, or until lightly toasted, turning once.
- Remove from oven, and cool.
- Combine bread, 1/2 cup cheese, 3 tablespoons onions, and the next 5 ingredients (through egg yolks) in a small bowl, and beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy (about 30 seconds).
- Gently fold egg whites into bread mixture.
- Spoon about 1 cup bread mixture into 4 (7 ounce) ramekins coated with cooking spray.
- Divide the remaining 1/4 cup cheese and remaining 1 tablespoon onion evenly among ramekins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Top each with 1 teaspoon sour cream.