Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was looking for low fat muffins with good flavour. The mix of blueberry and cranberry is great. Really quick to make on a Sunday morning for breakfast.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line muffin tray with baking cups.
- Put bran cereal and milk in a bowl.
- Let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Once cereal is softened add egg and oil.
- Mix well.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir until combined.
- Add blueberries and cranberries.
- Put batter in muffin pan cups place in preheated oven and bake approximately 20 minutes or until golden.
These were fantastic! Why they don't have more reviews I don't know. I substituted All bran Buds in mine and it ended up giving the final product a nice bit of extra texture. I also used brown sugar instead of white, just because. My berries were frozen so the cooking time was at least 30-35 minutes. Thanks for a great recipe!
This a wonderful low fat muffin. DH LOVED it and it even got me to eat breakfast which is rare! I used frozen blueberries and wasn't sure if they needed defrosting so I dumped them in straight from the freezer. The dough is pretty thick so this worked perfectly--the berries didn't crush since they were frozen. I also used Craisins. The muffins were even better after a few days since they absorbed moisture from the muffin.
For a low fat muffin, these are very good! The combination of blueberries and cranberries is wonderfull and of course the all bran does what it is supposed to do, ha ha ha ha ha !!!!We will have these in the freezer on a "regular" basis!! Thanks for sharing.