Recipe by peleegal
I was looking for low fat muffins with good flavour. The mix of blueberry and cranberry is great. Really quick to make on a Sunday morning for breakfast.
Top Review by CrinV
These were fantastic! Why they don't have more reviews I don't know. I substituted All bran Buds in mine and it ended up giving the final product a nice bit of extra texture. I also used brown sugar instead of white, just because. My berries were frozen so the cooking time was at least 30-35 minutes. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup cranberries, halved (fresh or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line muffin tray with baking cups.
- Put bran cereal and milk in a bowl.
- Let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Once cereal is softened add egg and oil.
- Mix well.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir until combined.
- Add blueberries and cranberries.
- Put batter in muffin pan cups place in preheated oven and bake approximately 20 minutes or until golden.