Recipe by MsSally
Wholesome goodness of oatmeal in a moist banana bread. Low fat and low sugar, DH doesn't like overly sweet banana bread. This is one of my inventions and I hope you like it as much as we do.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute or 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas (smashed about 3)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift first 6 ingredients (flour through cinnamon) together in a large bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes or till tests done with a cake tester or toothpick. This will rise very high. If necessary, cover the top slightly with foil if top starts to brown too fast.
- Allow to cook in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely before slicing. Slices can be toasted in toaster oven or microwaved for about 20 seconds.