This recipe has been in my family (in full-fat version) for years, and one day I decided to try it with alternate low-fat ingredients, and it tasted just as good! Great low-fat, low-calorie, guilt free treat. Frosting is optional.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, and bananas.
- Stir in sifted ingredients alternately with sour cream.
- Pour into greased and floured 8x8x2" pan.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Frost when cool with butter frosting flavored with fresh lemon juice.