Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Yummy and healthy dessert for a Mexican meal!
Make and share this Low- Fat Apricot Dessert Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup light cream cheese or 1⁄2 cup fat free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 (6 inch) fat free tortillas
- 4 medium apricots, sliced into wedges (strawberries would be GREAT!) or 4 medium fruit (strawberries would be GREAT!)
- zero-cal cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Stir cream cheese, granulated sugar, zest and juice together in a medium bowl.
- Spread mixture on 1/2 of each tortilla, layer with fruit and fold in half.
- Coat a 12-in skillet with cooking spray.
- Arrange two folded tortillas in skillet; saute over med heat till golden, flipping once, about 4 to 5 minutes on 1st side and 1 to 2 on the other.
- Remove from pan, cover to keep warm.
- Cut each tortilla in half to form wedges and dust powdered sugar on top.
I can't figure out what I did wrong but these just didn't come out as I expected. I didn't make any changes except that I used strawberries. Perhaps my tortillas were too thick. Will try again as I think they deserve a second chance. My company seemed to enjoy them.