A fun dessert idea that my kids enjoy helping me make and eat.
- Ready In:
- 2 granny smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 7 tablespoons butter or 7 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 6 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup caramel sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a mixing bowl, add the first 4 ingredients; toss to combine.
- In a big non-stick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat.
- Add in apple mixture and saute/stir for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer apple mixture to a plate or bowl and set aside.
- Clean skillet.
- Spread 1 tablespoon butter evenly on 1 side of each tortilla.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture even on the non-buttered side of each tortilla.
- Top with apple mixture.
- Fold each tortilla in half, over apple mixture.
- In a heated skillet over medium heat, cook tortillas for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over each quesadilla and sprinkle with pecans.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION