Recipe by Likkel
I always enjoy making a turkey chowder after cooking a traditional turkey dinner, but now that I am eating low carb I needed to put together a low carb recipe instead of using my families favorite (#146880 Turkey Cheddar Corn Chowder). This one made me AND my family happy. Enjoy! (Makes about 12 1 cup servings) *To cook this in the crockpot throw all the ingrediets into the pot, except hold out the cheese and corn, adding them at the end and heating only until the cheese melts.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced into small rounds
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup broccoli, diced
- 2 cups cauliflower, broken into small pieces
- 2 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 1⁄2 oat bran
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 4 cups chicken stock (or turkey)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup frozen corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté vegetables in a Dutch oven over a medium heat for about 5 minutes or until just softened, then add the turkey.
- Sprinkle oat bran and seasonings over the vegetable/turkey mixture. Blend in stock and cream, stirring until it just reaches the boiling point. Immediately turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cheese and corn. Cover and cook at least 10 minutes to blend flavors.