Just a low carb taste treat - please try it
Make and share this Low Carb Taste Treat Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons Splenda granular
- 2 ounces fish sauce (Nam Pla)
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 red chile, seeds removed finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated gingerroot
- 4 ounces courgettes, made into ribbons with a potato peeler leaving seeds
- 10 ounces fresh shrimp
- 8 ounces cucumbers, deseeded and chopped
- 5 ounces radishes, finely sliced
- 1 ounce roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- Place all dressing ingredients into bowl and mix well.
- Slice courgettes into ribbons with potato slicer.
- Put all salad ingredients into large bowl and mix well.
- Pour over salad dressing, mix well.
- Top with peanuts and chopped coriander.
That dear radish was trying to grow hard in the garden, and I found it lying amongst the big cabbage leaves. Grabbing it quickly from the ground, and pushing all the dirt off, I knew this was going to be placed in this delightful salad. I had a couple of small zucchini (in place of the courgettes - which are zucchini) that I used and made into the small ribbons as described. I love that dressing though! Oh the lime juice, the gingeroot, the red chilie, (I used a red Habanero) and just a sprinkling of sugar instead of the splenda.I left the whole bowl to sit for about 1 hour, (so to obtain that crunchy coldness), added the dressing, which I had made also earlier in the day, and the shrimp were cooked and shelled from the night prior. Oh boy, this is so good! I loved everything about it, and wouldn't change anything, except maybe add some fresh chives at the end with the roasted nuts. Perfect dish! Made for Everyday is a Holiday! May 2009
This was an interesting salad which we enjoyed. I did make some changes though - I thought I had some fish sauce but didn't so instead I used some oyster sauce and some stir-fry sauce (didn't have much of either) and instead of the red chile used a jalapeno. Thanks for sharing!