Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
It's rich and creamy and yummy and sweet and satisfying, and easier to make than Atkins ice cream. I promise you won't taste any of the individual ingredients. It can serve as an occasional meal replacement.
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute (like "Eggbeaters")
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute (or 3 packets)
- Equal sugar substitute, tablets crushed
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 7 ice cubes
- Cover and blend on low speed for a few seconds, then on high speed for about 30 seconds.
- When done it should be thick and smooth.
- You can add a touch more water if it's too thick to blend.
- For variation, add 1 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder.
Thanks for this recipe. It realy helps curve the sweet tooth. Who'd think this would turn out SO GOOD. Yummy
I'm so glad i found this recipe! I just made this for breakfast, (sick of eggs...)and it's great. i just used an egg, it's all i had on hand and i might use a little less ice next time, it made 2 whole glasses! there is a little of that splenda after taste but there's no getting around that i think. but the possibilities are endless with this. you can add some protein shake powder for a little more oomph and a different flavor, use frozen coffee for the ice cubes, or replace the water with coffee. use different flavored extracts, i could go on! i may even add some flax seed meal next time to see how it works. definitely a keeper, thanks toshiba! :)
Tried this last night after eating low carb pizza...pretty good dessert.i would add more splenda next time for sure..thanks for the recipe :)