Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pure comfort food! Especially good if you have a hankering for biscuits and sausage gravy.
- 1 lb hot pork sausage
- 2 large onions, sliced into rings
- 5 slices of white American cheese, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- Crumble sausage into skillet and fry until well done.
- During frying time, peel and slice onions, place over sausage and cover with pan.
- Stir frequently and fry until onions are starting to brown.
- Drain most of fat from skillet.
- Place cheese and cream in small bowl.
- Heat in microwave at high for about 30 seconds.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Place sausage and onions in serving bowl and cover with cheese sauce.
- Stir well and serve.