Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
DH and I often watch old movies in bed and we have a snack platter to munch on. I like this herbed cream cheese on DH's hard-smoked salmon or crispy red apples. On the snack platter I include some of DH's favorites and low carbohydrate foods - salami, DH's hard-smoked salmon, cheeses, olives, grapes, rye krisps and pickles. For the cream cheese you can use dried herbs but let it sit all day to let the herbs re-hydrate.You can add anything you like to this recipe so make it your own. Now go make a plate of your favorites and pop in an old movie and enjoy your picnic.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (Philly, of course)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced, fresh (or less if you are worried about smooching)
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, Italian, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence (to replace the fresh herbs) (optional)
- Mix everything together and refrigerate until picnic time. Let it come to room temperature for about an hour before you serve. Enjoy your picnic!