Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Comments from originator of this low carb recipe: "I prefer to use the muffin top pan as you get actual circle pieces of "bread". These are great & freeze well, but keep in the fridge for many days. I also freeze the remaining buttermilk up in 1/4C size pkgs so that I'm not having to throw out the left over milk. Enjoy!!"
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup Atkins baking mix (or equivalent LC baking mix)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup full fat buttermilk
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour 1/8 cup into each muffin top well & bake at 350 for 15 minutes
- Or pour 1/4 cup into waffle iron sprayed w/ olive oil.
- Makes 17-18 buns at 1 net carb each.