Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 20 mins
It takes awhile to prepare this dish, but the gooey and delicious results are well worth it! Plan ahead for the salting of the eggplant.
- 1 large eggplant, cut lengthwise into 8 flat sheets, I like to peel mine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup prepared alfredo sauce or 1 cup marinara sauce
- Spray a 9"x11" pan generously with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle eggplant generously with salt and set in a colander to drain for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread the oil on a cookie sheet and lay the eggplant in it, then turn to coat both sides with the oil.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until eggplant turns soft, but still holds together.
- Meanwhile, put remaining ingredients in food processor or beat with hand mixer until thoroughly mixed.
- When eggplant cools enough to handle, put 1/8 of the cheese mixture one each slice, then roll up.
- Lay each roll, seam side down, in prepared pan.
- Spoon some sauce over each one, then cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.