Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 20 mins
It takes awhile to prepare this dish, but the gooey and delicious results are well worth it! Plan ahead for the salting of the eggplant.
- 1 large eggplant, cut lengthwise into 8 flat sheets, I like to peel mine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup prepared alfredo sauce or 1 cup marinara sauce
- Spray a 9"x11" pan generously with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle eggplant generously with salt and set in a colander to drain for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread the oil on a cookie sheet and lay the eggplant in it, then turn to coat both sides with the oil.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until eggplant turns soft, but still holds together.
- Meanwhile, put remaining ingredients in food processor or beat with hand mixer until thoroughly mixed.
- When eggplant cools enough to handle, put 1/8 of the cheese mixture one each slice, then roll up.
- Lay each roll, seam side down, in prepared pan.
- Spoon some sauce over each one, then cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.