Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A sugar free version of a long time family favorite. Chili sauce is great on toast, with pork or ham, or on hot dogs.
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, well drained
- 3 medium onions, diced finely
- 3 bell peppers, of any color, seeds removed, chopped finely
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups Splenda sugar substitute, equivalent to 2 cups of sugar
- Turn all ingredients, except the sweetener, into a heavy pot.
- Bring to a boil slowly, then simmer uncovered, stirring often, for one hour or until it is reduced to a consistency that you like. If it is too watery, your toast will get soggy.
- Let it cool.
- Add the sweetener. Adjust to your taste.
- Put into Tupperware or Zip-lock bowls.
- Will keep quite a while in the fridge.