Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Since this is intended as a low carb treat, those little vanilla wafers are not invited. Keep in mind, the more bananas you use in this recipe, the more carbs will begin to pile up. It is important that you remember this is a "low carb" dessert, not a "no carb" dessert. A banana has 18.3g/100g carbs.
- 1 tablespoon soy flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar substitute
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 large bananas
- Add the bananas into a large bowl and smash them into a pulpy goo. Or slice them.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan, mix together the soy flour, the eggs and the butter until melted and starts to thicken.
- Add whipping cream. Stir on medium to high heat until thick. Do not let it boil rapidly.
- If it bubbles a little, then that's fine, but turn down the heat if it starts to get overly bubbly.
- Once thickened, stir in the vanilla and the sugar substitute (Hermestas is what I used).
- Add the mixture to the bananas.
- If you want the pudding to be clump-free, use a blender on a high setting. Otherwise, just use a whipping tool and mix it all together.
- Let cool in the fridge, and enjoy!
Surprisingly good and satisfying. No taste of soy flour at all! I used 1 cup heavy cream 1 cup 2% milk. The only problem is the darkening of the bananas... Maybe next time I'll add some lemon juice to them so they remain nice. I think this is good enough to serve to company, with a nice dollop of whipped cream and a pinch of freshly gratted nutmeg. Thanks a lot for sharing this tasty low-carb treat!