Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made these cookies because I love how they are so low in carb and I don't have to feel bad for indulging. My cookie routine: I have one in the morning before my meals with a nice cup of strong coffee and in the evening, I have another one (or two...) with some lemon tea and really, it doesn't even feel like I'm dieting.
- 2 large eggs
- 150 g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons artificial sweetener (or to your taste)
- 200 g almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 60 g macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat over to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Separate the whites from the yolks and beat the whites stiff.
- In the bowl with the yolks add the vanilla extract and butter.
- Add the sweetener and mix again.
- Add the baking powder,salt and almond flour.
- Gently fold in the egg whites. This will give your cookie it's height.
- Finally, gently stir in the chopped nuts.
- Divide the dough evenly into about 15 little heaps of dough and place them on a cookie sheet. Make sure they are far enough apart because they will spread out a little. Bake for about 12 minutes at 190 C for soft cookies, go to about 17 minutes for crunchier ones.