Low Calorie Wasabi Salmon Burgers
- Whisk soy sauce, wasabi powder and honey in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- With a large chef's knife, chop salmon using quick, even, straight-up-and-down motions (do not rock the knife through the fish or it will turn mushy). Continue chopping, rotating the knife, until you have a mass of roughly 1/4-inch pieces. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add scallions, egg, ginger and oil; stir to combine.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties. The mixture will be moist and loose, but holds together nicely once the first side is cooked.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the patties and cook for 4 minutes. Turn and continue to cook until firm and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon the reserved wasabi glaze evenly over the burgers and cook for 15 seconds more. Serve immediately.
- can put on buns or over lettuce.