Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm pretty sure I trimmed this recipe down to the bare minimum, but it tastes great and they hold together well! I made my bread crumbs from low-cal whole wheat bread, which makes the recipe even (just a bit) leaner than the analysis. I modified this from a recipe that I found on Cooks.com.
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute (Egg Beaters, etc)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- Mix together well, form into 1" balls and fry. You only need the cooking spray for the first round.
These meatballs taste wonderfulll, and are healthy. The big problem I have with this recipie is that the directions are horrendous. They basically just say, "OK, here's the ingrediants, make meatballs!" This is a problem if you have never made them before! So, more instructions could improve this.