1/1 Photo of Low Calorie Chocolate Cake W/ Frosting
Now you can have your cake and eat it too! : ) Yum! The best part is, the frosting is low cal too! This is an easy recipe that only requires one bowl! Just add all the ingredients together in one go! Enjoy! The cake may be flat, don't expect it to rise too high. Expect around 2 1/2 inches high.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar (You may use splenda alternative, but I can't guarantee a moist cake with that)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1In a small bowl place water and cocoa powder and mix together.
- 2Add all of the ingredients for cake mixture(including cocoa powder mixture) into one bowl and mix together.
- 3Place parchment paper on the bottom of a cake tin. Do NOT grease the sides of the tin as you can use a knife to ease it off the edges later. This helps the cake rise more as it sticks.
- 4Pour mixture into pan.
- 5Bake at 350F for 35 minutes.
- 6For frosting, add light creme cheese and light butter and creme together.
- 7Add splenda and lightly mix.
- 8Add cocoa powder and salt and mix to combine.
- 9Add vanilla and mix.
- 10If it is a spreadable consistency, there is no need for the skim milk, but if not add enough milk to make it so. (I suggest adding in teaspoonfuls at a time so you don't over do it).
- 11When the cake is cooled frost the tops and sides of the cake!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Calorie Chocolate Cake W/ Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.0
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 122.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: