1 hr 5 mins
This is a Lo Cal version of a great Cheesy Brunch Casserole which was a remake Cooking Light did side by side to the original. This version knocks down the caloric intake to somewhere in the low 300's, I believe. I love eating lo cal and am waiting to have 7 other people over for breakfast or brunch to try it out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage
- 5 cups seasoned stuffing mix, herb seasoned
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, fat free less sodium
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded reduced fat extra sharp
- 2 cups milk, 2% reduced fat
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 (8 ounce) cartons egg substitute, 8 oz
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Remove casing from sausage. Cook sausage in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain.
- 3Place sausage in a large bowl. Add stuffing mix, tossing to combine.
- 4Place stuffing mixture in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 5Combine with a whisk: milk, onion powder, black pepper, and cartons of egg substitute.
- 6Drizzle stuffing mixture with broth and butter. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 7Pour egg mixture over the stuffing mixture.
- 8Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes or until set.
- 9Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Calorie Cheesy Brunch Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.4
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 762.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 20.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned stuffing mix