Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a Lo Cal version of a great Cheesy Brunch Casserole which was a remake Cooking Light did side by side to the original. This version knocks down the caloric intake to somewhere in the low 300's, I believe. I love eating lo cal and am waiting to have 7 other people over for breakfast or brunch to try it out.
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage
- 5 cups seasoned stuffing mix, herb seasoned
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth, fat free less sodium
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded reduced fat extra sharp
- 2 cups milk, 2% reduced fat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 (8 ounce) cartons egg substitute, 8 oz
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove casing from sausage. Cook sausage in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain.
- Place sausage in a large bowl. Add stuffing mix, tossing to combine.
- Place stuffing mixture in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine with a whisk: milk, onion powder, black pepper, and cartons of egg substitute.
- Drizzle stuffing mixture with broth and butter. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over the stuffing mixture.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes or until set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.